Monday, July 12, 2010

7/11- World Cup Finals

On Sunday we woke up really late because we were all exhausted from staying out late at the movie. We had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, which is conveniently right next to my dorm.

Tyler went and played Chess in Union Square and although he lost terribly, he had a really good time and met a very interesting man from Cambodia. After we were done with that, Tyler, Sami, and I went to watch the World Cup at a pub near my office. It was really packed and hot so before too long we headed back to my dorm and jut ended up watching the rest of the match with Bryan and then a bunch of NYU students downstairs in the common area.

After the match Bryan had to catch his bus back to DC and then I took a nap because I was still exhausted. I slept for a while and then Tyler and I went to meet Mason and some more UGA friends for dinner at this great southern restaurant in Tribeca.

On our way back from dinner Tyler and I stopped in Union Square park and just talked about the weekend and what we both had going on the next week. It was a beautiful night that just reminded me of how much I love this city.

Tyler had an early plane ride the next morning so after watching The City, which Tyler agreed to only because he thought it was cool that it is filmed here, we both called it a night.

It was a great weekend and I'm really glad Tyler was able to come visit!

Song of the Day:
"Halfway Home" by Jason Mraz because I love it and Tyler refuses to listen to Jason Mraz.

No comments:

Post a Comment