Monday, July 12, 2010

7/10- A Busy Saturday

Saturday was so much fun because we were able to cram a lot into one day. We woke up decently early and then made our way down to Chinatown for lunch. I took Sami and Tyler to Joe's Shangai and they fell in love with it instantly as well.

After a great lunch we all headed to the highline, which is an elevated garden/park in the meatpacking district. We walked around the highline for a little while, which was gorgeous, and took some dorky pictures of us, the Empire State Building, and the DVF that Whitney Port worked at on The City.

Then when I was looking on google maps (SO helpful), I noticed that Magnolia Bakery was pretty close by. We headed that way, ended up stopping at a sports bar to watch some of the soccer match, and then finally made it to the famous Magnolia bakery that was in Sex and the City. The cupcakes were soooo good and I was excited to finally try one.

After getting back to the dorm we had to book it in order to go to the Mets/Braves game at Citi Field. The game was a lot of fun- we won 4 to 0 I believe- and I even ran into a sorority sister that I didn't know was in New York.

It took a little while to get back after the game but then Tyler and I got ready and went to dinner in Little Italy. The restaurant was great and after dinner we walked around, shopped a little bit, and bought gelato. Tyler bought a shirt that said "Hug me- I'm half Italian", which totally fits his personality.

When we got back we hung out with Sami a little bit and then went to see a midnight showing of "Despicable Me". Tyler wore his shirt and tried to hug strangers on his way, the looks from the mean people were by FAR the best part. The movie was also pretty cute and a good way to end a full, fun day.





Song of the Day:
"Desecration Smile" by Red Hot Chili Peppers for no other reason than Tyler really likes it and made me listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment