Monday, May 31, 2010

5/30- Sarah Gets to New York!!

So I woke up late on Sunday morning to a text from my friend Sarah telling me that she was in NYC with her mom and wanted to know my plans for the day. I ended up meeting them in Times Square before we walked around looking for a place for lunch. We walked through Rockefeller Center and then along 5th Avenue before finally finding a place near central park. We had a great lunch and I got to hear more about Sarah's summer internship in New Jersey.

After lunch we then took the Subway and ended up walking around Chinatown, Little Italy, Soho, and I showed them Washington Square where the Friends intro was filmed. After that I showed them my office and my dorm. It was great to get to catch up with them and I'm so excited that Sarah is going to be up here with me this summer!

After they left I just had a quiet night in. I walked around union square a little bit and got spaghetti to go from a local restaurant but I was exhausted after all of the walking and exploring that day. I've already crossed off a lot of places that I wanted to see this trip and it's only my first week!

Song Of The Day:

"To Remember" by Josh Kelley. It has a great intro, here are the lyrics:

"You work to be the best
And now you've got your shot
Taking every opportunity, To give them everything you've got
Never will you surrender, Never will you fall
Never will you break down under the pressure of it all

You did it all with purpose, And we'll hollar as we stand
Cuz we'e so proud of you oh
Not just for the glory but for everything you do
Oh we're so proud of you
Oh you've given us a story that forever we will use
Because this is how we choose to remember
To remember, To remember
To remember, Just where we were
To remember, To remember"

1 comment:

  1. SO JEALOUS YOU GOT TO SEE WHERE FRIENDS WAS FILMED!!! I'm so glad you're having such a great time in NY. SO fun that you got to see Sarah! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete