Monday, May 31, 2010

5/29- My First Saturday in New York

Saturday I got to sleep in late and then decided to be pretty productive. I finished organizing everything in my room, took out the trash, did the dishes, and ran some errands. On my way back from running errands I stopped in Union Square and took a look at all the artist booths because before we leave I want to buy a painting of the city. I've been collecting paintings from all of the places I've visited for a few years now and I can't wait to add one to commemorate this summer.

After I got back my roommate, Hillary, invited me to dinner and to go see Sex and The City 12 with some of her friends. We went to this cafe type restaurant called Grey Dog and it was really good- I have a feeling I might go there a fair amount, especially since it's close to the dorm.

I met her friend Jamie and one of Jamie's friends. We talked a lot about where we're from, how I'm adjusting to the city, and what we are all studying. Jamie is also studying communications and is interning with Disney this summer.

We then went to see Sex and the City 2, which was...interesting? Slightly stupid? let's go with both and then some. We saw some navy seals on the way there though because it is fleet week, which reminds me of one of the few Sex and the City episodes I actually have seen.

After the movie Jamie and Hillary took me on a little walking tour of a lot of the east and west village. We wound up at a cute little place in the west village that matches homemade cupcakes with different wines and beers. It was very cute and very New York-esk, plus my cupcake was fantastic :)

Song Of The Day:
When I was out running errands I decided to do it New Yorker style and listened to my music as I walked. I put my ipod on shuffle and "Your Love Is a Song" by Switchfoot came up. It was a gorgeous day, the sun was shining on me, and I just felt so unbelievably blessed. The lyrics are "oo your love is a symphony/all around me/running through me/your love is a melody/underneath me/running to me/ your love is a song."

2 comments:

  1. oh my god you're experiencing fleet week!!!!???? I actually didn't know that really existed. please tell me you hooked up with a sailor at the big party they throw bahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not everything is like the tv show Berri but yes, fleet week does exist!! haha!!

    ReplyDelete